1. The Media Blackout: is working very effectively. With virtually all foreign journalists kicked out of the country, there is minimal information coming out of Iran. (Picture is dated June 15)
2. G8 ‘deplores’ Iran poll violence: “Foreign ministers from the world’s main industrialised countries have issued a statement “deploring” post-election violence in Iran. The G8’s comments were not as strong as France and Italy had wanted, after Russia warned against isolating Iran.”
3. GRAPHIC Footage: Protester shot in the head (June 20, 2009)
4. Rafsanjani has enough support to remove Khamenei: According to unconfirmed reports Rafsanjani is currently lobbying and meeting with members of the Assembly of Experts to gain support for the removal of Khamenei and for replacing the position of Supreme Leader with a form of collective leadership. According to Al-Arabiya, high-up sources say that Rafsanjani has already gained enough support within the Assembly for the removal of Khamenei, but has found less of a positive response to the proposal to replace the position of Supreme Leader altogether.
5. George Galloway on Iran: See the video here.
6. Obama Moves to Fund Iranian Dissidents: “Despite President Barack Obama’s persistent claims that the United States is not meddling in the post-election furore in Iran, the administration is moving forward with plans to subsidize Iranian dissident groups to the tune of $20 million in the form of USAID grants.”